Debra Kempf Shumaker started reading at the age of four and hasn’t stopped since. She grew up on a small dairy farm in Wisconsin but now lives in the suburbs of Northern Virginia with her husband, three sons, and two cats. Debra is the author of Freaky, Funky Fish, Peculiar Primates, and Tell Someone. When she isn’t reading or writing, she enjoys hiking, gardening, and watching Jeopardy.
Links for Full Size Cover Images
Downloadable Author Head Shots
Audio / Video Interviews
- Interview with Mel Rosenberg—”You’ve Got Mel”—about Freaky, Funky Fish and my writing journey. October 6, 2020
- “Empowered Publicity,” Children’s Books Spotlight Series, December 2, 2021
- Reading with Your Kids Podcast, December 9, 2021
- Something’s Happening Here Podcast with Harlan Marks, January 26, 2021
- Behind the Scenes: “Working With Experts To Verify Information In Backmatter.” August 20, 2021
- Lit Links Blog: Share FIN-tastic Fun About the Odd Ways Fish Survive, May 19, 2021
- Author Debra Shumaker on about how to Publish Expository Nonfiction, May 12, 2021
- CritterLit Interview with Debut Author Debra Shumaker, May 6, 2021
- KidLit411 Author Spotlight: Debra Kempf Shumaker, April 30, 2021
- Simply 7 with Debra Shumaker—Freaky, Funky Fish, April 29, 2021.
- First Draft To Final Book—Freaky, Funky Fish, April 28, 2021
- Math Is Everywhere Blog—Interview with Debut Author Debra Shumaker, April 23, 2021
- Troupe Tales: Meet Troupe 21’s Debra Kempf Shumaker
- Cover Reveal for Freaky, Funky Fish, September 25, 2020.
- Author Debra Kempf Shumaker on the Art of Perseverance, April 22, 2020.
- The Face of Perseverance, November 15, 2017